35 THINGS TO DO IN PARK CITY
35 things to do in Park City, located just 35 mins from an international airport
Few ski towns can boast an international airport that is just a 35-minute ride away.
The historic mining town of Park City, Utah is home to thousands of acres of skiable terrain at Deer Valley Resort and Park City Mountain, a thriving Main Street, cosmopolitan locals and the best Australian coffee in a USA ski town. Best of all, it’s just 35-minutes from Salt Lake City International Airport. That’s 35 reasons to visit, right there.
35 things to do in Park City
1. Ski-in to High West Distillery near the town lift on Park City Mountain and sip on premium whiskey made from the copper still.
2. Take the free trolley up Main Street and wander back down shopping the art galleries, fashion boutiques, and more.
3. Ski into the Veuve Cliquot Yurt at Montage Deer Valley and lounge amongst the decadent décor while enjoying a glass of bubbles.
4. Gorge on Fireside Dining at Empire Canyon Lodge at Deer Valley, grab a plate and wander from fire side to fire side for raclette, fondue, roasted leg of lamb and other flame cooked delights.
5. Make friends with Nike, Adidas, Vans, Calvin Klein and friends while shopping up a credit card storm at the Tanger Outlet Mall.
6. Have poutine for breakfast at Riverhorse Provisions on Main Street
7. Ski into Campos Coffee (yep, THE Campos from Australia) at the base of Park City Mountain and order a flat white
8. Ski into Stein Eriksen Lodge for the famous Skiers Buffet and gawk at the late Stein Eriksen’s Olympic medals in the trophy cabinet.
9. Take a giant open-air sled behind a groomer cat after dark to the Viking Yurt and dine on Norwegian fare
10. Ride the Alpine Coaster over the slopes at Park City Mountain, yes, a roller coaster, in the snow
11. Jump into a sled and let a pack of huskies and their musher take you on a joy ride through a magical forest near Deer Valley Resort.
12. Grab some powder hound friends and head to Park City Powder Cats and rip up fresh virgin Utah powder on a working ranch half an hour from town.
13. Celebrity spot on Main Street in January during Robert Redford’s Sundance Film Festival.
14. Give your legs a break and head to the Gorgoza Park for some tubing. Perfect for the young (or young at heart).
15. Head to TJ Maxx at Kimball Junction for designer brands at bargain prices across clothing, accessories, sportswear, luggage, homeware and more.
16. Missing your smashed avo on toast? Five5eeds café have got you sorted. Australian owned, American eaten.
17. The world’s best lobster roll (officially) is found at Freshies on Prospector Avenue. You’re welcome.
18. Ski with an Olympian at Deer Valley. Choose from six Olympic champions on offer to show your private group around the mountain.
19. Go snow mobiling at Garff Ranch with Summit Meadows Adventures under the tutelage of a qualified guide.
20. Ski to town using Park City Mountain’s Quit’N Time ski run and head to Harvest, a cafe Aussie inspired dining with breakfast bowls, smoothies and avocado everything.
21. Check out No Name Saloon and remember to look up for motorbikes, moose antlers, sporting paraphernalia and other oddities clinging to the ceiling.
Photo: No Name Saloon
22. Grab some ice skates and hit the outside rink at the base of Park City Mountain.
23. Prop yourself at the bar at Handle and order the best cocktails in town while people watching the locals who dine.
24. Love vintage? The Exchange Consignment is a den dedicated to refurbished, preloved and hardly worn designer gear, vintage cowboy boots, nick knacks and retro love.
25. Chocolate lovers do not pass go, just head straight to Ritual Chocolate for locally made chocolate in lip smacking flavours.
26. Ride the orange bubble chairlift at the Park City Mountain – Canyons Village with cushioned seats and orange hued Perspex bubble.
27. Cheer on the world’s best freestyle skiers in moguls and aerials at the annual FIS World Cup at Deer Valley Resort.
28. Take a personal journey and centre yourself at a variety of yoga studios throughout Park City.
29. If showing off your dance moves is your thing, boogie the night away during a performance at Park City Live.
30. Test your bowling skills by knocking down some pins over at Jupiter Bowl.
Photo: Jupiter Bowl
31. Rent a fat tire bike and pedal down the Rail Trail, a 45 km ride on a former railroad route.
32. If there's somethin' strange in your neighborhood, who ya gonna call? Park City Ghost Tours and explore the haunted city.
33. Are you a history buff? Visit the Park City Museum! Filled with local history, this museum offers interactive exhibits, artifacts and it even has the city's original basement jail.
34. Speed down the bobsled track with a professional driver at 34 km/hr at the Utah Olympic Park, the same track used in the 2002 Olympic Winter Games.
35. Go skiing and snowboarding. Some of the best powder in the world is found in Park City with the driest, lightest powder snow going. They don’t call it The Greatest Snow on Earth™ for nothing.