About Mt Buller
Easy to get to, so hard to leave! Mt Buller is the most accessible ski resort in Australia. Located 3 hours’ drive from Melbourne, no other Australian ski resort is closer to a capital city or international airport.
With vast and varied terrain for all levels, more accommodation options than any other Victorian resort and a variety of bars and restaurants, Mt Buller truly in a winter wonderland.
Mt Buller boasts the most extensive snow making system in the Southern Hemisphere, the 'Snowfactory' that will continuously produce snow 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at temperatures well above freezing. With this technology, Mt Buller is able to offer a snow guarantee, promising that there will be snow for Queen's Birthday opening weekend. All this means that there is no more wondering if it's safe to book a ski holiday in June!
Mt Buller offers a wide range of accommodation to suit all budgets, from simple 3-star hotel rooms and self-catering apartments to luxurious slope side alpine retreats. All properties are based in the village at the bottom of the mountain meaning that it's just a short walk to the slopes.
How to get there
Mt Buller is easily accessible from Melbourne’s Tullamarine International Airport, approximately a 3 hr drive. Coach transfers and car hire are available from Melbourne Airport.
. . . [see more]
The drive from Melbourne to Mt Buller is 3 hrs, wheel chains may be required and are compulsory for all vehicles staying overnight.
Resort Entry and Parking Fees
- When you arrive at the base of Mt Buller you will need to stop at the resort entry gate. You will pay resort entry and parking fees here (unless you have already done so online) which will vary depending on the length of your stay. These fees go towards delivering essential services on the mountain. Pre-purchase your ticket online for a discounted rate. Buy resort entry.
- The Resort Entry point is staffed 7am-9pm Monday-Thursday, 7am-midnight Friday and 7am-10pm Saturday and Sunday. If you arrive outside of these times, follow the signs up the mountain and park where indicated, then during office hours you can drop into Alpine Central to pay.
- Parking for day visitors is located approximately 1.5km below the Village. Once you reach the car parks you will be met by an attendant who will advise where you are to park.
- There are no extra fees for parking for the day.
- On arrival at the Mt Buller car parks you can enjoy tobogganing and snowplay at the Horse Hill Snowplay Park, or catch a free bus to the Mt Buller Village. Alternatively you can ride the Northside Express Chairlift directly to the snowfields.
- Parking for overnight visitors is located approximately 1.5km below the Village. Once you reach the car parks you will be met by an attendant who will advise where you are to park.
- There are additional parking fees for overnight visitors, which you can pay online here, or at Resort Entry.
- On arrival at the Mt Buller car parks you will transfer to oversnow taxis that takes you straight to your accommodation in the Mt Buller Village. NOTE: Only authorised vehicles are permitted to drive into the Mt Buller Village.
- There are additional fees for oversnow taxis, which you can pay online here, or at Resort Entry, or directly to the taxi driver.
. . . [see more]
WHY LOCALS LOVE MT BULLER
We asked the regulars how they make the most of the mountain they love
There’s a lot to love about Mt Buller. Three hours from Melbourne is one, a thriving and friendly local community of die-hard Mt ...
REQUEST A QUOTE
RECEIVE OUR NEWSLETTERSIGN ME UP
TALK TO OUR EXPERTS
- (02) 9267 1655
For all Travel Agent enquiries: